CANTONESE EGG TARTS
10 – 12 Egg Tarts
Ingredients of Crust :
225 gm plain flour
125 gm butter
55 gm icing sugar
1 egg, whisked
A dash of vanilla extract
Ingredients of Custard :
110 gm caster sugar
225 gm hot water
85 gm evaporated milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Method ( making crust ) :
- Place butter at room temperature until softened. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer over medium speed until the mixture is smooth, fluffy and light in color.
- Add in whisked egg, half at a time, beat over low speed. Add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Sift in flour in two batches, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions with spatula and make sure all ingredients combine well. Knead into dough.
- Roll out the dough to a ½ cm thickness. Cut dough with cookie that is just a bit smaller than your tart tin in size. Line dough in the middle of tart tins, one by one. Lightly press the dough with your thumbs, starting from the bottom then up to the sides. While pressing the dough, turn the tart tin in clockwise / anti-clockwise in order to make an even tart shell. Trim away any excess dough.
Method ( making custard ) :
- Add sugar into hot water, mix until completely dissolved.
- Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar water. Mix well.
- Sift egg mixture to get rid of any foam into a tea pot. Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shell.
Method ( baking tarts ) :
- Preheat oven to 200c. Position rack in lower third of oven. Bake tarts for 10-15 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Lower the heat to 180c. Keep an eye on them. Once you see the custard being puffed up a bit, pull the oven door open about 2 to 3 inches. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the custard is cooked through. Just insert a toothpick into the custard. If it stand on its own, it’s done.
- Placing tarts at the lower rack in oven could cook crusts easily before the egg custard being heated up too quickly. ( It’s better to check the menu of your own oven and know how your oven is designed )
- At the very last stage, pull the oven door open a few inches. This method is to avoid custard being puffed up too high. The custard would collapse once they are cooled down otherwise.
No need to write recipe…very easy to cook…
Just boil rice, water & salt….add anything you like, mmm….yummy!!!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Bahan A :
250 gm butter
160 gm gula halus
1 biji kuning telur
1 camt esen vanilla
Bahan B ( gaul rata ):
230 gm tepung biskut – guna Top flour
20 gm serbuk koko – ayak
100 gm coklat chips
50 gm white coklat chips – boleh ganti coklat rice
50 gm badam cincang – roasted
50 gm nestum
- Gaulkan butter dan gula hingga sebati.
- Masukkan kuning telur dan esen vanilla. Kacau rata.
- Masukkan bahan B perlahan-lahan dan kacau dengan senduk kayu.
- Sudukan adunan kecil-kecil dalam loyang.
- Bakar dalam oven yang telah dipanaskan suhu 180c selama 25 minit atau sehingga kekuningan.
- Sejukkan dan simpan dalam baling kedap udara.