" Emotion is the key to unlock the door to learning "
~ Dr. Jeannette Vos ~
Depression, fear, worry and constant thinking play far too much of a role in the lives of the average person. Strong emotion stops us thinking clearly. Daniel Goleman says that " at best, IQ contributed about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80 percent to other forces grouped as emotional intelligence ".
Good " emotional intelligence " requires we understand our own moods, recognizing when and why we are upset and having very real strategies in place to be able to influence the way that we feel. Being able to control your emotions is a huge step towards unlimited happiness. Controlling your emotions doesn't mean ignoring them. It means you recognize them and act on them when you deem it appropriate, not randomly and uncontrollably.
In order to know how to control your emotions you have to first understand what causes an emotional change. The following is a practical plan that is based on the previous facts that will help you be in control of your emotions.
1. Control your self talk.
2. Whenever you feel a certain emotion try to control it.Don't allow it to grow because giving up to the emotion will only result in loss of control.
3. Every time you practice emotional control it will become easier, so train everyday.
If you succeeded in controlling your emotions you will take more rational decisions, you will communicate with people in a more effective way and you will become happier. Lots of people know how to communicate effectively but they fail to do it because they lack the ability to control their emotions.
" Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle "
~ Napoleon Hill ~
Credits : uncommonhelp.com, pluginid.com, 2knowmyself.com, image : youworkforthem.com